Sunday 16 March, 2008

Let go baby!!!!

My daddy told me, when I was a young man,
A lesson he learnt, long time ago.
If you want to have, someone to hold on to,
You’re gonna have to, learn to let go.
You got to sing, like you don’t need the money,
Love, like you’ve never before,
You got to dance, like nobody’s watching,
Got to come from your heart, if you want it to work.
-A song by Don Williams
To let go of things is seemingly the most difficult thing for me. Any person worth considering would know that to be happy and at peace in life you have to let go of things time and again. Some of these things may be very dear to you. But nevertheless everything becomes old and everything becomes stale. They are like chewing gum. You chew it and suck out the flavour but eventually you have to spit it out. But I keep hanging on to them and it causes a lot of pain and makes me feel disgusted.

Every emotion or a relationship has a shelf life and a boundary. I know I must not overstep it. Yet I do it more often than not. I have wondered many times why do I do it but I don’t ever seem to be able to answer it. I am a kind of a person who cannot care less for those around. But when it comes to the scarce few I consider myself close to I just can’t free myself from them even if I believe I am dying.

No comments: