Friday 13 March, 2009

SOS

I looked at the sky. The blue was enchanting. I looked farther away I could see a hue of pink at the horizon. Clouds had covered the sun but a few rays had managed to penetrate through the clouds. It looked like someone with gold fingers were trying to squeeze cotton. A cool wind blew over my face and suddenly I realized a spiraled hole being formed on my chest near the heart. It looked like the hole that lies at the centre of a whirlpool. The hole functioned like the Black Hole— having infinite gravity that can even suck-in light. I couldn’t fathom what was being sucked. But  the blue of the sky suddenly became a mockery of its own beauty.  The cool breeze became itchy. I thought the oxygen levels were going down. My breathing lost its rhythm. But I was alive and something told me I was not going to die. I reached my hands out to the heavens calling all the gods I had adored to come to my rescue. But all that I saw was my gods standing helpless and pointing at something. What the fuck were they pointing at? Aren’t they supposed to swoop down and help me. But they allowed me to suffocate. My hands were sweating and the sweet smell of the mud wetted by the slight drizzle of rain turned foul. The whirlpool had now turned into a cyclone. Uprooting the people from the grounds of my mind and heart. They started swirling around me circles. I tried stopping all of them but I couldn’t. The tornado was too powerful. I looked up at the gods again. What the fuck are they still pointing at? Why don’t they move their asses and do what they have to? Oh celestial divine idiots! Come down here! They started laughing but would not stop pointing. The skies started to darken. Then the rains  came down. Not from the skies but from my eyes. The rains the cyclone together became an unstoppable force. Then a lightning struck. And I saw the gods again for a flash in the darkness. Another  bolt of lightning struck. But it hit me this time. The gods were pointing at me. Why? I forced myself some breath  and tried to look at me. And I knew what could save me.

No comments: