Friday 25 July, 2008

rock, paper, scissors and prayer

I lost a part of my soul today. My heart is in a great tumult. My head is heavy with a bitter hangover. I want to go the past and change things. But I scared to think even of the dreaded past. I want to stop the fraction of soul from leaving me. I say unto it to give me just one day, just one day. If not, then at least a couple of hours. They say there is always a time to rend and a time to sew. But for the first time I know it’s too late. I ask the bit leaving me why it wants to leave. It says it needs to be away for it to know that it is still a part of me. I say it is an irony. It says it’s done with being a part of my soul. It’s angry now. It’s disillusioned now. It needs to go. It needs to go. By now, I am already begging it to stay back. The vermin inside me has taken over. My pride, my ego, my selfishness...everything has abandoned me. I am crawling asking my soul to take pity on me. I never imagined a day would come when my own soul would refuse me. Yet here I am bereft of all the dignity pleading my very own to show some mercy. Just one day, just one day, just one day……………the answer is no, no, no…..NO!!!!!

Then I prayed. I prayed with my heart and soul. I sought help from my soul mate. I tried to calm the upheaval when the universe conspired. And as always the universe never cheated.

1 comment:

praveen said...

wow! Deep pain always gives birth to deeper n greater art! Moreover I guess it shows the other side of you to you!